Saturday, March 5, 2011

Wikis and Blogs

Wikis and blogs will be a daily project for students in my classroom.  The opportunities to use these innovations will be presented and students will be able to express their own opinions of our subject matter when creating their own blogs.  Wikis will be used weekly so that students can download pictures from fieldtrips and activities, information that they want to share, and areas in which they want to collaborate on with their peers.
Socialbookmarking is a great way to get others interested in different topics that they may not otherwise knew existed.  I believe it would be a valuable tool to me and my students and will add a different twist to research.  Voice Threads can also provide technological new aapproaches to lectures that will be more interesting to students.  I would have to practice a lot before feeling comfortable in doing Voice Threads.
I have not had any experience with Tapped In.  I have not even explored it.  I feel that once I have had the opportunity to expose myself to this resource, I will be able to incorporate it in my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Some parents may have a problem with their teacher posting pictures of their child on the internet unless it was a very secure site. I think it is easy to create fun pages for just the class to have access to, in order to make sure pictures of someones child didn't end up on the internet somewhere without the parents permission. Socialbookmarking is a great research tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great idea to use Wikis and blogs to help with daily assignments and aprojects for students in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete