Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Copy rights

In order to respect and give validity/credit where it is due, it is necessary to follow copy right rules.  Would you like for someone to take credit for doing something that you have done?  This is why copy right laws and usage rules are important.  I feel that this is a subject to teach my students in the future.  I want them to treat others with honesty and respect.  By teaching them how to follow copy right laws they will be doing so.

Online safety is a persons abilility to protect their personal information from being given to others without their consent online.  It is different from cyberbullying due to cyberbullying being an action of a person online that is deliberately intended to threaten or embarass/humiliate anothe person online.  In order to protect ourselves online, it is wise not to put any personal information online that could identify our address or other personal information that might fall into the hands of predators.

This weeks activities were very informative.  As a parent and future teacher, I have learned of new ways to teach my students and children to be safe online.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the first paragraph! I had never thought of how serious all of this was before or how complex! When copying and pasting or showing things in class I never gave second thought as to the person who created it. Now I do! If I had put work into something, I would absolutely love for it to be used in an educational setting, however I would want to know that it was not being abused and copied as well! :)

    ReplyDelete